Surya Gujarat solar Rooftop Yojana
Installing rooftop solar PV reduces electricity bill and saves. Rooftop solar PV panels supply electricity to buildings, so they need to buy less electricity from the grid, which saves energy costs and benefits the environment.
Rooftop solar is also a great investment tool as electricity prices fluctuate from time to time. Therefore, it is difficult to calculate the expenditure on electricity for a given period. However, when it comes to electricity generated from solar roofs, the cost of the generated electricity can be calculated easily. In fact, one can also calculate the this cost of electricity generation for another 10 years. this As such it is a safe investment.
Click on “Calculate Savings” if you are present to know about this amazing product and time which is an investment tool, protects our environment and also provides electricity for future generations.
Note: Rates are as per the rates searched by the Discoms and the actual price may vary depending on your customization and the vendor you choose. The savings are approximate and may vary with rooftop solar PV systems. Surya Gujarat Portal, GUVNL, Discom, GIZ or AHAsolar is not liable for any mismatch in estimated production and actual generation. The user is advised to contact the empaneled installer and get the site survey done with proper shadow analysis of the site where the installation is to be done.
Objectives of “Surya Gujarat” Solar Rooftop Scheme
- To promote the use of solar energy
- to reduce pollution
- to save energy
Solar Rooftop Scheme – Gujarat Benefits
- By increasing the subsidy amount of this scheme, the government gives 40 percent of the fixed price up to 3 kilowatts and 30 percent for 5 kilowatts up to 10 kilowatts.
- The additional power generated from such solar rooftop system and the power after domestic use is purchased by the distribution company at a cost of Rs.2.25/-.
- Low/Zero Electricity Bill: The solar power generated will be adjusted against the electricity provided by DISCOM
Eligibility and Who can apply for Surya Gujarat” Solar Rooftop Scheme?
- The solar system is installed on the roof or on the ground in the premises of the service connection.
- The solar system is owned by the consumer.
- The premises of the solar installation is owned by the consumer of the DISCOM or is in the legal possession of the consumer.
- The solar cells and solar modules installed in the solar rooftop system will be manufactured in India. i.e. Solar cells and/or modules of non Indian origin will be not be eligible for subsidy under this scheme.
- Only new plant and machinery will be allowed for this installation and will not be shifted elsewhere.
Gujarat Solar Rooftop Scheme Application Form & How to Apply?
- Application for subsidy and installation of rooftop solar PV system can be done only with selected vendors at suryagujarat.guvnl.in.
- These vendors have the application forms and the application can be made with them only.
- To View List of Vendors involved in Panel for Solar Rooftop Project Click here for Authorized Solar Agency List.
- Note: The official list of approved vendors this is always made available on the official website of suryagujarat.guvnl.in. Always make sure that these vendors can only provide government subsidies.
- Fill the form, provide other documents along with signature
- Returns the this duly filled form to the seller
- Make sure you pay only for the subsidized amount and not the entire amount.
Documents Required for Solar Rooftop Scheme – Gujarat
- Solar System Commissioning Report sung by this Vendor, Beneficiary and DISCOM Officer
- Bill and Certificate of payment from vendor for rooftop solar system setup
- More than 10KW setup: CEI certificate for permission to charge
- Less than 10KW Setup: Certificate from Electrical Supervisor or Contractor
- Combined installation report that provides about the installation signed by the beneficiary and the empaneled vendor
Note: Seller will provide most of these documents, you need to sign it. The seller only needs to submit it to GEDA to get the subsidy. The applicant just needs to fill the form and provide signature.